Frequently Asked Questions
From time to time, we tend to get a lot of the same questions from our wrestlers and their parents. Everyone has their own answers to these and some are subjective and work differently for different people. We have a lot of time invested in this sport and believe in our hearts what is right and what will help propel your child through his wrestling career.
Parents: Please Read
Please keep in mind that these are not directed at any one parent in particular. We talk about the parents a lot throughout because you are pivotal to your child's development in this sport. If you happen to share one of the bad characteristics we touch on, you are just one of many who have had the same issue.
Remember, we've been running this wrestling club for over twenty years. The same things come up time and time again. To act a certain way is natural, but you can overcome.
There are no easy or short answers to a lot of these questions, so we'll break them up into pages. We have put a ton of thought into them in order to give the most accurate answer possible. Here are our opinions on the various topics.
- What Age Should We Start Wrestling?
- School League Or Club Team?
- Which Club Should I Go To?
- Should I Practice At One Club Or Multiple?
- How Often Should We Practice?
- How Realistic Are Our Goals?
- Chart Watching And Knowing Names?
- How Should Parents React After A Loss?
- Should We Cut Weight?
- Head Gear? Knee Pads? Mouth Pieces?
- When Should We Start Lifting?
If you have any other important questions, do not hesitate to contact us. If they're good enough, we'll even do a write-up and post them here for everyone else to see as well.