Head Outside Singles (High Crotch)
The high crotch is one of the most iconic shots in a wrestler's repertoire. It's very important and will be used throughout your entire career, so it's a good idea to get proficient at it. It's a single leg shot that ideally leads to a double. Your right hand will shoot to the left leg, or vice versa.
While we're taking this shot there are many different ways to finish it. It's important to continue adjusting through your finish. This can be done by going to other things midway or by changing direction. No good wrestler is going to fall over for you, they will react. What you do with their reaction is what makes finishing the takedown possible.
Pass ankle to armpit, high single
- Pull knee down, attack far ankle
- Pull knee down, he recovers, push head to left and trip foot to right
- Cut double ·
- Turn the corner, lift ·
- Try lift, run the pike
- Try lift, try run the pike, cut double
- Dip to a knee, cut double
- Out the back door, Nakasone finish