Sit Outs & Change-Overs
This series will teach you how to keep moving when in the bottom position. These moves should be done after a stand up has been tried and failed or when you weren't quick enough to get the first move.
When on bottom, you should try to maintain a constant state of motion. As soon as your movement stops it's difficult to get your momentum going again. It's also important that you keep your hands clear from any wrist control. This lesson teaches you how to get hip separation.
Do not play the "re-grab game". If he has a tight waist and you attack it, then he grabs the wrist you're attacking with. If you're going to attack a hand, it should be the one that is not on the waist. You need to get wrist control but not at the expense of giving it up.
- Change-over ·
- He chops, change-over, reverse ·
- He chops, peek out ·
- He chops, peterson ·
- He chops, we peek out, he jumps, other side peek out ·
- He grabs far ankle, knee up, post wrist, stand
- Far knee up, post wrist, push hips away and cut
- Far knee up, post wrist, he pushes, stand and cut