The under hook is used constantly in the higher levels of wrestling, but still under-utilized with the young ones. It's very easy to go for, and gets you closer to your opponent than a traditional collar tie. It also gives you position over your opponent, or in this case, under.
Your arm will go under your opponent's arm and then wrap above his shoulder, creating a good amount of control. This especially works well when you get an angle and move him around with your free hand either placed on the head or with a far wrist controlled.
Maintain control by holding your elbow up, pulling the shoulder down, and moving your opponent. The more you move him, the less he'll be able to regain position.
- Near side high-crotch ·
- Baseball arm throw, near single ·
- Pull wrist down, limp arm out, near single ·
- Captain Crunch ·
- Super Cement ·
- Far Ankle Pick ·
- Far side inside trip
Keep control by 'pinching' your elbow down and putting your fist into your opponent's chest.
- Pinch down, ice pick, outside single ·
- Pinch down, ice pick, drag
- Pinch down, ice pick, hips through, toss ·
- Fireman's Carry
- Arm up, limp over, catch near single